Sayfalar

4 Eylül 2006 Pazartesi

Celebrity news

If I wrote these within the past month, it would have been more intimate and more unrealistic. Unrealistic because I think how I felt is not for a 32 year old. I should and had had those feelings when I was a teenager. but going through them again made me feel both happy and foolish, and somewhat younger.

Since it has been more than a month and I recovered from the dream, I can tell you about the concert #3 of my life... Something that I waited for so long and enjoyed so much.
Yes, I am talking about the Depeche Mode concert in Istanbul. It was scheduled for July 30. I bought my ticket months ago. and I was among the lucky ones. I had the chance to get the front stage tickets.

From the time I heard they were coming, to the actual time of the concert, I saw nightmares about missing it. Mostly, it was sunday afternoon and I was still in Ankara:) Imagine how relaxed I feel when I woke up in the middle of the night.

Anyways, on the weekend of end July, I finally got on the bus. I arrived to Istanbul around noon. Ali, aka CrixMadine, picked me up and we went to his place in Kadikoy. thanks to him, he filled my day with different concert dvds and related stuff. the only subject was DM. you could hear the excitement in our voice... maybe not. being over 30 for some years, you just lose the touch.
saturday night was the pre-concert warming up party. all night DM:) I had the chance to meet some people from the list. it is always nice to meet with people you talk and share same feelings. It is the only way you don't feel like an alien. I always appreciated the day Urcun, aka the boss, sent me an email and invite me to the maillist and the website. I made so many good friends because of this DMTR. and I discovered I am not alone. (can you imagine an environment that none of your friends share your excitement about DM or any other group and treat you like a teenager because how you feel? well, I was in that environment, feeling that I am not normal until I met these guys. thats why they are always special for me.)

ok,the concert:

We arrived to Kurucesme Arena around 7 pm. It didn't look big at all. it was more like a car parking. but it was by the sea and the view was great. There was already a crowd but not on the front stage. Luckily, I ran into some old friends on the way and they had the same kind of tickets. we waited on the very first row. seriously, I have never been so close to the stage before. so we hang there for 2 hrs and waited for the show.

The show:


what can you say? It was Dave all over. he was so close, so alive. he was running up and down the stage so were my eyes. He was feeling what he was saying.

Can you imagine him being so close? singing, screaming right in front of you? can you imagine how it feels to join the crowd of swinging arms with his one gesture, one move? Can you imagine the flow of love and admiration towards those on the stage?

I promised myself not to look at the watch during the concert and I didn't. but when he waved goodbye I couldn't belive it was already more than an hour. unfortunately, they cut the concert short (shorter than their usual) and made only one comeback. It was unbeliavable... another dream was over but I was happy. I don't know if I will ever see them on stage again but I hope I can. cause I feel more alive and still young when they are still up there. I love these guys. I love their music and I love the way they make me feel. thank God they exist:)

oh, I forgot the celebrity part:) well, the next day I got a call from my co-workers in Treasury. they said I was on the papers!!!!! I told you I was on the very first row. so, with the list of celebrities at the concert they published the following photo (that idiot paper was only interested in the celebrities not the concert!!!) and they forgot to write my name!!!!!:)

0 yorum: