Sayfalar

11 Eylül 2006 Pazartesi

TV or not to be...

Last week, my cable didn't work for 2 nights. It was something due to a problem in our area. But of course, the problem is not the topic. the topic is the TV.

Until that night, I didn't realize how much space that stupid TV consumed in my life!!! I went home, turned on the TV (first thing I do) and nothing. I felt like "what am I gonna do now?" I couldn't think of anything else to fill my night!!!! Can you believe it? well, it hit me so bad. I am a TV addict. I used to read alot and listen to music. there were days that I didn't need a TV, but now I am just like any other person, who just watches those stupid shows!!!! It hit me bad, really bad...

I promised myself to start reading again. I used to read alot. I used to read before going to sleep, during the night, trips and all. now I just carry a book with me around but no reading.

anyways, this cable thing made me realize that I need to go back to my origin. what else I could do, TV is not working. but, I found myself checking the TV while reading!!! result: TV is back, reading is out:(

2 yorum:

Germán dedi ki...

You are absolutly right...

I started to read a lot since last month, having the same feeling you have...

Two technical books about software devopment process (yes... my nerdiness shows up).. and other book Hitler Ganó la Guerra / Hitler Won the War... a scary book about the economic power and the reason of the world we're living in....

Selena dedi ki...

You are a geek German.. nothing on earth can make me read technical books:DDDD

so, what are those reasons?