Sayfalar

26 Eylül 2006 Salı

Sounds like a melody...

Alphaville... One of my favorite bands of old times... I heard they were coming to Ankara. I decided to go for old times sake. Afterall they had many songs that I liked. and who knows maybe this would be their last time. so I committed myself to going. I even insisted in spite of the bad weather and even all of my friends but one (Gulsun) ditched me. Poor girl had the stay up late night with work clothes and shoes and didn't even complain a bit.

Concert was supposed to start at 8 pm. but due to bad weather they changed the venue. we went there past 8:30. doors were closed so we decided to go somewhere else and have a drink. we came back at almost 11 pm. doors were still closed!!! they opened it in 10 mins and we entered to the club.


the band got on stage some time past 11. I was both feeling happy and sad. happy caused ı fulfilled one of my goals. sad because I realized they were getting old so was I. the average age of audience was far above 30. and the band was even older. I felt sad because the great band of late 80s early 90s couldn't even fill a night club. then I appriciated the path DM followed and felt more and more proud (like I had a role:PPpP)


They stayed on stage for more than an hour. I didn't know at least half of the songs. but some old ones I remembered. the sound system was so bad I could hardly hear Marian. I had diffuculty in remembering the lyrics. But I cheered like a girl with the songs I knew especially jerusalem, jetset and forever young. I hoped for afternoons in eutophia but they didn't play it:(

Saturday paid of for itself. I dragged Gulsun to a beauty saloon and we had massage. afterwards we felt like jelly but it felt good as well. I think we should take care of ourselves:DDD

0 yorum: